I was reading London’s newsletter from school and came across a strawberry muffin recipe that I thought we try together. I have to admit, I’m from the land of finger cooking and have seamless on my bookmarks bar. I can cook three dishes extremely well and every time I host a dinner party my guest know exactly what is being served. Either I have to learn a new dish or I should get new friends:/ Nevertheless, London and I were a hot mess in the kitchen, we had to borrow two eggs from our neighbor and she broke one on the floor so I used a carton of egg whites to make up the difference. I know this sounds like a kitchen disaster but surprisingly, our muffins came out pretty good (winning!) I modified the recipe to make it a little healthier so feel free to play around with it. Good luck!
1 2/3 cups fresh strawberries
2/3 cup sugar (I used organic brown sugar)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I added applesauce instead of oil for a healthier recipe)
2 eggs ( I had to borrow these from my neighbor)
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 425 F.
2. Put a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease just the bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
3. Slightly smash strawberries in large bowl, using fork.
4. Stir in sugar, oil and eggs until mixed.
5. Stir in other ingredients just until moistened.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
7. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown or toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
8. Cool 5 minutes.
9. Loosen sides of muffins from pan if needed, and take them out of the pan.
10. Makes 12 muffins.
Tip: If you do not have fresh strawberries, you can use frozen strawberries that you have thawed and drained.
LS and Mommy