I’ve been on the hunt to find recipes that are extremely healthy and so easy that toddlers can cook them. I won’t lie, my skills in the kitchen are pretty remedial but I try. Recently I started live broadcasting through an app called Periscope which is pretty entertaining. I decided to get Scout and her best friend, Chloe together for a little kitchen fun. Her mom found a pretty simple recipe for carrot and zucchini muffins that the girls cooked all by themselves. We streamed the whole ordeal live and it was definitely pretty entertaining to say the least. I believe you still have 24 hours to view yesterday’s kitchen fiasco so feel free to add us: Scout The City.
Let’s jump right into this yummy recipe so you can make these at home.
What you’ll need:
- Muffin pan
- Muffin liners
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 whisked eggs (include yolk)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- ½ cup of grated carrots (peeled)
- ¾ cup of grated zucchini (unpeeled)
- ¼ cup melted raw honey
- ¼ cup melted organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/8 cup of raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep muffin pan and place liners in each hole.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients together (almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt).
- In a mixing bowl combine wet ingredients together (eggs, raw honey, organic coconut oil and vanilla extract).
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add grated carrots, grated zucchini and raisins to the mix. Using a spatula combine all ingredients together.
- Using a tablespoon, add mixture to each muffin liner. Each liner should be ½ to ¾ full.
- Place muffin pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes and eat (or store in refrigerator).
* Makes 12 muffins.
* Nutrition (per muffin): 203 calories; 16g fat; 9g carbohydrates; 6g protein.
*Original recipe from Amazing Paleo
Hope you love it as much as we did!
LS and Sai