17 Aug Get To Know Us
We have had quite a few emails asking questions about our ethnicity, age, hair etc. I wanted to do a post all about London and me so that our new readers and loyal followers can get a chance to know us a little bit better. If I miss any questions then just drop us a comment so I could answer it. Here it goes:
1. What’s your ethnicity?
I am Puerto Rican, Brazilian and Cuban. London’s dad is Scottish. I was originally born in LA but was raised in NYC.
2. What is London’s real name?
Her real name is London Scout. Scout is her middle name and she will answer to both names.
3. How old were you when you had London?
I had her at the age of 30.
4. How did you get London into modeling?
I submitted her photos to a local agency in NYC. Two days later they gave me a call to come in for a meeting and we signed with them a few days later. She is represented by Generation Model Management for print and we recently signed with DBA for commercials. You can sign with more than one agency so long as they’re not representing you for the same thing.
5. Do you model?
Yes. I accidentally booked my first job while taking London to a casting. The client asked if I would be interested in the job and took my photo. My first campaign was with Mrs. Meyers and I have done a few others afterwards. I have to admit, it’s great to do these things with my daughter, we will have these moments forever.
6. How often do you do you change London’s clothes?
I have gotten this question a lot. If we’re shooting for the blog then I will change her twice. If we are taking photos for Social media then I won’t change her unless she gets dirty.
7. How long does it take to shoot photos of London?
Typically it takes me about 10 minutes. I like to shoot her as if I’m her real life paparazzi. It’s not forced and I capture her real personality. The trick is to just photograph children as they walk to the park or to any destination.
8. How do you get her to wear certain outfits?
I usually pick 2-3 different outfits then give her the option to pick her favorite out of my choices. Then she will choose accessories on her own. That way she’s still throughly involved in the whole process.
9. What did you do before the blog?
I had a social media company and we consulted on marketing and branding campaigns to build their online presence. I had a passion for working with smaller brands. Before that I owned an online accessory store by the name of Required Flare.
10. What do you use in your hair?
Curly hair is pretty tricky which is why once you find a product, you stick with it. I currently use Miss Jessie’s multicultural curls for London and Pillow soft curls for me. I also use kinky curly, Knot today. For sheen I use pure coconut oil.
11. How did you start blogging?
Honestly, it was a side hobby. I started blogging once our IG page reached 10K. From there I put together a blog which showcased a digital journey all about my toddler. I slowly transitioned myself onto the blog once I realized that friends loved to see us together. Nine short months later, STC was featured on Buzzfeed and I haven’t looked back.
12. Why do you never talk about Scout’s dad?
This question, I get very often. Although I’m all about being social and love to share snippets of our daily lives there are somethings you just keep personal. He loves his privacy and I respect that.
13. How do you pronounce your name?
Sai De Silva. Sounds like “Cy”
- Weirdest phobia: Someone zipping up my zipper
- Favorite food: Crab Legs
- London’s Favorite food: My homemade popcorn with nutritional yeast
- Three words to describe me: Witty, funny, Social
- Three words to describe London: Outgoing, humorous, kind-hearted
- Worst trait: I have a horrible singing voice and when I shop online I fill up my cart and never checkout
- My personality is relatable to: Nicole Richie
- Random fact: I ran track for 10 years. I was a sprinter
- London’s random fact: She loves seaweed chips
- What you don’t know: London has a 15-year-old brother who lives in Montreal. They’re very close
- My favorite pieces in my closet: Sneakers, Boyfriend shorts , striped tee and sunnies
- London’s favorite pieces: Stella McCartney Rainbow sandals, Dresses and her frozen costume
- Most Recent Campaign we done together: Goop & Old Navy as well as another company that we’re not allowed to speak of just yet.
- Favorite workout in Brooklyn: Brooklyn Body Burn
Hope we didn’t miss anything and thanks for stopping by!
LS and Sai