Calling all stylish momma’s! It’s Mother’s day and it’s time I gave you a little gift. I mean who doesn’t like gifts? We partnered with our friends over at Brahmin to give one lucky gal a gorgeous Brahmin bag just like the one I’m sporting below. Brahmin is an American company who crafts gorgeous handbags and accessories. Each design uses fine materials, luxurious leather and excels in exotic embossing as you can tell from the images we posted. Here is one more fun fact, it takes over two dozen skilled artisans over 100 steps to make each handbag. Are you impressed yet?
LS and I grabbed our bags from the Brahmin Mother’s day collection and scouted the city to explore something new. One of the best things about living in NYC is that there is always something to explore! I took LS to the SeaGlass carousel which is located in Battery park. The aquatic carousel was built to give the park more light and was inspired by the first New York Aquarium. LS was amazed as she stepped into the chamber of architectural fish, then again, I was also pretty impressed!
Before I hand over the details to this giveaway, get to know us better by reading our mother’s day questions asked by Brahmin!
- Mother’s Day is an entire day dedicated to YOU. Describe your perfect day. Can we just start off by saying: What a score! I can’t believe I have my own day! A perfect mother’s day starts with me sleeping in and not making breakfast followed by a city brunch sitting outside with my family. I like to take the afternoon off and head to the spa followed by a little shopping so I can have a little “me” time.
- Share with us one of yours and LS’ favorite activities. (Laughable moments, favorite traditions… we want to know!) Some of our favorite moments consist of us baking cookies and having a dance party. She loves to dance and I usually just let her choreograph a few steps so we could be in sync like a rad girl band. Our favorite tradition is high-tea! She is very girly and loves dresses so we usually get dressed up and have high-tea on special occasions.
- What trends are you and LS currently coveting? I’m currently lusting over Culottes of all color and patterns. She’s currently loving fitted skater dresses with pockets. We found a couple of neoprene pieces that are adorable on her.
- What is your favorite style of handbag for everyday? Does LS have a favorite as well? I love a small cross body bag. I only carry chapstick, keys and my phone which has pockets for my credit card. I tend to bring a tote bag rolled up in my cross body if I need to purchase or carry something that won’t fit. LS is into beach bags and belt bags for collecting rocks and other things she randomly finds.
- What style advice would you give to other moms today? Be comfortable! There’s nothing worse than wearing something uncomfy while chasing your child around the park. I would opt for boyfriend or distressed jeans, flattering tees and a pair of stan smith’s. Finish the look with a cute cross body and a pair of sunnies to hide tired eyes (mom problems).
Hope you all love the questions and now lets get to the giveaway!
See, no jumping through hoops for this giveaway. The winner will be announced on Sunday 5/15, good luck!
Photography By Alex Eckford