Getting To School With Uber

Traveling to and from school can be stressful when you don’t have a car. Any morning that involves children can be tough especially when you’re always in a rush. I rely solely on my trusty Uber app to get us to school on time without having to worry about fighting for a parking space during morning drop off.

At the beginning of the school year we signed Scout up for the school bus which picked her up and dropped her off. One afternoon we picked her up from her routine bus stop except she wasn’t there! As my heart dropped to my feet I began to drill the bus monitor with multiple questions as to where my child was. It was the bus monitors first day and she seemed to not have any idea who London was nor did she seem to care. My fear and rage began to grow before a little 5-year-old pulled on ¬†my shirt and said “London was on the bus today!” I immediately thought she was let off at the wrong stop and began to become frantic and stormed on the bus. To my surprise she was in the back of the bus sleeping and the bus monitor didn’t do a bus sweep!

This experience horrified me and I immediately began to use my Uber app as frequently as I could. I decided that I will take her to school daily and not deal with the stress that the school bus caused. I also love that I can save money by using Uber X and should we need a car seat for the new baby, I can also request a family Uber. Cars are always available and I’m happy that I have an alternative way of getting around town safely without owning a car.

XX,

Sai

*Today’s post is sponsored by Uber

8 Comments

1. Brett
    May 18, 2017 / 9:15 PM

No booster seat for London? Is that just a NYC thing?

2. May 19, 2017 / 7:16 AM

Hello, I deal with that same problem very day! I live in Washington DC, and my oldest daughter which is 7years old gets the school bus to and from school every day! I personal think the school bus system is bad!! I have to call the bus, dispatch, because my daughter is two hours late getting home, I do have other children, and don’t have a car, so traveling is difficult! I would call these people can they could never get a hold of the bus attend, they can’t track the bus on GPS, I call the school to make sure that she gets on the bus!!! I have decided, that next year, seen my youngest will be attending school as well, they will not be catching the bus as well, I will uber them to and from school as well, thanks for sharing! Sometimes you could feel like the only parent going through something!!!

3. May 19, 2017 / 7:18 AM

I would call these people and they could never tell me what’s going on with my daughter!!!

4. May 22, 2017 / 2:33 PM

That is crazy! Similar thing happened to me when I was in 2nd grade. The bus driver never went to my house, and being aa young as I was, I had no clue how to direct her. No one knew who I was nor the bus I was on. Needless to say, my mom drove me everyday after that.

5. Maria Navarro
    May 29, 2017 / 1:32 PM

I’m a teacher and this story is very disturbing. I hope the appropriate action was taken by that school system or bus company.

6. Claudia
    June 21, 2017 / 3:52 PM

Wow scary! Same story happened to my daughter years ago when she was 6 and my mom went to pick her up at the bus stop and the bus monitor didn’t know who she was!! My mom flipped out and had to go in the bus to check and found her sleeping! I immediately went to the school and spoke to the bus monitor and noticed her lack of attention and importance in such a situation. Since then we drove her to and from school! We have two girls in two different school buildings and we still refuse to use the bus system!!

7. Denise Pacheco
    June 21, 2017 / 5:05 PM

I had the same thing happen to me when my son was four in a pre k mind you my son is autistic non verbal I was such a mess and had the school and the bus calling every dispatch and any parent on the same route to my surprise a mom had just walked onto the bus to see if he was on it I didn’t even know the mom and he was the bus driver was fired her disregard for my son especially that this is a bus with special needs kids my son got home at 7pm from then on I grill the bus drivers and if my son says he uncomfortable on the bus I switch him off and I will make sure that they are adequate and well trained .

8. Melanie
    July 19, 2017 / 9:06 AM

Who makes the coat and your slides? Cute outfit!