Packing For Two Kids
We just got back from our first vacation as a family of four and it was a total success! We were able to relax in the sunshine, swim in the pool, and take some much needed time away from work.
It was also my first time packing for two kids so I wanted to share a few of the tips I learned to help you pack light and efficiently without any stress.
- Forget the diapers – Sounds crazy right!? But my biggest tip is save yourself the space and just buy diapers when you get there. If you’re traveling to a major city, check and see if they have Amazon Prime Now so you can have it delivered to the hotel within an hour of ordering.
- Use Packing Cubes – These handy cubes not only compress your clothes to save space, but also make it super easy to simply move the packing cube from your suitcase to the hotel dresser, making it accessible and organized as soon as you arrive.
- Bring Versatile Clothes – Try and really think about your destination. Do the kids have a pair of shoes that could work for any occasion? I love Saltwater Sandals for beach trips because they can wear them at the beach or to dinner. Same goes for when I pack for me. Try to find a fancy sandal that can work for day and night looks. I love these.
- Pack Extra Clothes – Unless you plan on doing laundry, bring two outfits a day. We all know how messy kids can be and I’ve never regretted having more but I have regretted not having that extra outfit when there have been potty accidents or big spills.
- Toiletries In One Bag – Whenever I travel, I bring one plastic bag with Children’s Tylenol, a mini first aid kit, diaper cream, and the kid’s toothbrush/toothpaste to make it easy to find.
What are your favorite tips for packing light with two kids? Leave them in the comments below!