*Today’s post is sponsored by Aveeno™ but all statements and opinions are 100% my own.
As a mom, life can become extremely hectic and tough which is why it’s important to take a little “me time”. I highly recommend spending time away from your children at least once a month to stay grounded and keep your sanity. My hubby took London to Montreal for a month so Rio and I had a lot of time together. As much as I love our alone time, I decided to take a moment for myself and I had my cousin pick up Rio for the day. I packed his bag with his favorite essentials such as Aveeno Daily Moisture Lotion as well as the Wash & Shampoo. I always add these products to the diaper bag just in case my sitter needs to wash him up due to his daily spit-ups or diaper leaks.
I started the day by checking into my favorite hotel, which has an incredible pool with a view. I meditated on the roof before hitting up the pool to relax. Afterward, I decided to grab a hot shower and focus on my skin care routine before catching drinks with friends. I just recently started using Aveeno Positively Radiant 60 Second In-Shower Facial which leaves my skin feeling brighter and rejuvenated. I followed it up with Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Eye Cream and Intensive Renewal Serum to visibly reduce the signs of aging.
I headed out for a few hours in the city to catch up with friends and enjoy the “mom off duty” time before heading back to my room to get Rio. I decided not to spend the night away from him since I’m still nursing so the babysitter dropped him back off in the evening so I could bathe him and massage his little feet before going to bed. The day was a complete success and it was exactly what I needed to help me clear my mind and relax a little.
Here are the 5 things I did that help tremendously!
- Staycation- Book a room at your favorite hotel to be alone.
- Meditate- Meditation is so great for busy moms or anyone who just wants clear their head.
- Read- I often find myself not remembering things due to my lack of reading so I always grab a good book or article and read every week.
- Skincare- Take some time to yourself to focus on your skin or go to a spa for an amazing facial. A good product goes a long way.
- Friend Time- Hang out with friends and laugh! Laughter keeps us young, so don’t take things too seriously and go enjoy yourself!
To win the ultimate “me time” wellness retreat for two and a year’s supply of Aveeno products, check out their #MomentForMe contest running now through August 28th!
You can learn more about the contest here: http://aveeno.promo.eprize.com/momentforme/