Your grandma probably knows all these beauty secrets. You should too.
When it comes to beauty, sometimes we’re guilty of over complicating things. For example, you may spend hundreds of dollars on a new facial treatment when in reality the ingredients in your kitchen could have produced the same outcome. You may go to the salon to get an expensive eyebrow wax only to realize that you probably could have done a better job tweezing here and there in less than five minutes. Your desire to look smoking hot on a date may cause you to become incredibly stressed about your desire to look smoking hot, which could then lead to a lovely new collection of pimples you get to debut on said date. Blech.
I’m switching gears for today’s beauty post, ladies. Instead of talking about the latest trends or products in the beauty-sphere, I’m sharing some down home, old school beauty hacks that every girl, woman, and female in between should know about. Now don’t get me wrong, the right skincare products can be life-changing, and sometimes a professional hand is greatly appreciated. However, there are a few tidbits of beauty-related info that have been around since gossiping at the beauty parlor was still considered an extracurricular activity.
If you have a grandmother who was a debutante or who has been subscribing to Vogue since the 1950s, then there’s a good chance you’re probably already aware of these gems. But if that isn’t the case, here are ten simple makeup and beauty hacks that will make you feel just a little more glamorous. These are all so easy and effective, plus they don’t require anything that isn’t already perched in your pantry.
- Apply a thin layer of honey on your lips before bed to exfoliate and soften. You can also mix honey with lemon juice and apply this to your nose to get rid of blackheads at bedtime.
- Run your mascara bottle under warm water before use to prevent clumps
- Put your nail polish in the fridge for 15 minutes before use, and it will go on more smoothly.
- Spritz your hair brush with perfume before use to give off a pleasant scent every time you flip your hair.
- Don’t dump your coffee grounds! Instead mix equal parts coffee grounds with coconut oil and apply the mixture under your eyes to help reduce dark circles. This is especially helpful for all you mommas with babies who don’t yet sleep through the night. You can also use ice cubes to wipe under eyes for a quicker fix!
- For soft heels, soak your feet in two cups of warm water, ½ cup baking soda, and 1 cup vinegar. Soak for 15-20 minutes, dry and apply lotion, for your own at-home pedicure station.
- When taking a warm bath, drop in 5-10 bags of green tea for a detoxing and relaxing soak.
- When you have a zit, pop an Advil gel cap and apply the inner liquid to the affected area. Your pimple will become less inflamed almost instantly.
- Putting one drop of lavender on your mascara wands helps kill bacteria, strengthens lashes, and gives mascara an extended life.
- For any women dealing with stretch marks, cut a lemon in half and rub the inside of the lemon over the area you’d like to treat. Let the lemon juice sit on skin for about 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
I hope you guys enjoyed these easy and economical beauty hacks. Let me know in the comments if you have any beauty tricks you swear by!