I remember the days when I was glued to the tube watching Cher Horowitz from Clueless prance around with flawless hair. Her tasselled side swept hair was perfection and I wanted every bit of it. My only issue was that I had a curly fro instead of Rapunzel’s long locks. Unfortunately there was a lack of tutorials on YouTube in the 90’s and my dial-up internet was a waste of time. I decided to improvise and create this look out of my curly Q’s and a few bobby pins. I just recently started giving Scout the same look and I wanted to share how easy it is!
What you will need
- A moisturizing oil or cream to tame frizz. You also need a few bobby pins depending on how tight you would like the hair.
- Add a little product to the hair emphasizing the area you will be pushing to the side
- Push half of the hair to one side
- Start at the middle of your hairline and add the first pin
- Continue to add the pins until you get the desired tightness
- You may or may not use a brush but I personally don’t like to brush out the curls with this style.
- Leave the back of the hair unpinned to give a fuller look
Viola! Super simple and easy. You can glam this hairstyle up or down and it’s perfect for framing the face. I would love to see how some of you work it so hashtag #ScoutHair on IG so I can get a peek.
Shop The Post
Hope you get inspired and thanks for stopping by!
LS and Sai