It’s Monday and time to get motivated! It’s the start of the week and the perfect day to get you pumped on our next #ScoutFit post. I wanted to jump into 8 fun exercise moves you can do with your kids. I know it’s hard to make time for the gym when you’re a parent but you have to take care of yourself. Working out is known to release endorphins which can relieve stress and elevate your mood. Below are a few moves that LS and I enjoy doing together.
- Get into a high plank position. Place your hands firmly on the ground, directly under shoulders
- Begin to lower your body—keeping your back flat and eyes focused about three feet in front of you to keep a neutral neck—until your chest grazes the floor
- Push back up
- Stand up straight with a dumbell in each hand or a bar at arm’s length. Keep your elbows close to your torso and rotate the palms of your hands until they are facing forward. This will be your starting position. Now, keeping the upper arms stationary, exhale and curl the weights while contracting your biceps.
I have been curling LS since she was a baby so she sits still and curls up like a little ball. Please do not do this if you have never done this before unless your child is less than 10lbs.
Stand straight with feet hip-width apart and place your hands on your hips
Standing up tall, put your shoulders back, lift your chest, and pull in your abdominal muscles
Lower down, as if sitting and bend your knees while keeping your upper body as straight as possible, as if you were lowering yourself onto a seat behind you. Lower yourself as far as you can without leaning your upper body more than a few inches forward.
I like to put LS on my shoulders while I squat since I normally squat with weights.
- Keep your knees aligned, front knee over your shoe and back knee pointing down
- Keep your knees, hips and shoulders all facing in same direction while lunging forward
- Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Jump up on one foot and bring your heel to your glutes, rotating legs – be careful not to arch your back. Land softly and repeat with control.
- Prop your upper body up on your left elbow and forearm. Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders. Hold this position for 30 seconds. Turn around so that you’re lying on your right side and repeat.
I had to modify this move just a bit since LS was feeling a little playful.
Squat Jumps In and Out
- Stand with feet together, placing your hands in front of you on your thighs
- Bend your legs, jump up, and separate your feet in mid-air
- Land with feet wider than shoulder-width apart, lowering into a squat. Jump up out of the squat and land back in the starting position, bringing your feet together on landing
Six Inch Crunch
- Lie on back and slowly raise head and upper back from the floor while looking forward. Pump your arms up and down for a 6 count as you complete the crunch.
Hope you all get inspired by today’s moves and don’t forget to hashtag your #scoutfit moments so I can check them out!
LS and Sai
Shop The Post