28 Oct DIY: Pumpkin Hair Mask
Autumn is in full effect which means we will indulge in everything pumpkin. I recently started researching ways to moisturize my curls and keep them nourished during the colder months. Pumpkin is packed with numerous beneficial nutrients such as vitamin A, alpha beta-carotenes, vitamins C, K, E, and minerals including magnesium, potassium, and iron. This vegetable sounds ideal for promoting healthy hair.
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree – could be canned or cooked pumpkin
- 2 Tbs of unrefined coconut oil – a natural moisturizer that really hydrates
- 2 Tbs of honey – a natural humectant which attracts moisture to the hair and restores the shine
- Mix all three ingredients together in a bowl until fully combined
- Apply the mixture to clean, detangled hair
- Cover with a shower cap, letting mixture sit on the hair for 15 minutes
- Rinse with cool water and style as usual
Don’t forget to tell us how this hydrating mask will work for you!