As some of you may know, I started a new series on the blog called, Scout Snaps. Every weekend I ask everyone to send me questions so I can answer them on the blog. Although I can not answer everyone, I thought I would round-up the most asked questions below. If you’re not following us as of yet, then add us on snapchat at: ScoutTheCity. If you don’t see your question then try to send it over next week.
1. Thank you for the compliment Stephanie! If I had to do it all over then I think I would have put her into modeling as a baby just because she was extremely happy and bubbly. She was such a good baby and in my eyes she was adorable! However I think everything worked out perfectly and I put her in when she was vocal about when and what she wants to do.
2. Hi! Coloring your hair can be a very hard process if you do not have the right colorist. I want to introduce you to Olaplex, your hairs new best friend. This product is a combination of molecules and polymers that attach themselves to the hair and repair it. Basically, the damage that occurs from bleach can actually almost be reversed! In fact, it allows colorist to lift significantly more color from hair without worrying about damage. My hair is always left with great color after bleaching without sacrificing the texture of my curly locks. If you have a good colorist then they know all about Olaplex since it’s meant for professionals only. If you really want to get your hands on this liquid gold then you may purchase it here.
3. I started blogging exactly 2 years ago as a hobby. I just loved children’s fashion and wanted to share a digital journey of my daughter for friends and family. I never thought of putting myself on the blog and I never thought so many people would actually be inspired by us together. A few months after I started blogging, LS was featured on Buzzfeed and it instantly became my full-time job.
4. I’m absolutely obsessed with Bulletproof Coffee! I have one cup every morning and I’m energized for hours without crashing! I’m also a bit more focused on things that I need to get done through out the day. I’m a creative person so I find that my mind constantly wanders and jumps from task to task. When I drink bulletproof it helps me get more things accomplished. However it does make you feel full for hours so I recommend you eat so you don’t forget. Also, try not to use chemically treated coffee beans when you make your coffee because it defeats the purpose. Read all about bulletproof coffee here.
5. I’m not a big calorie counter. I eat what’s good for my body and what my body can burn off naturally. Most of the products that claim they are low in calories are also loaded with chemicals. Nevertheless, this is how bulletproof coffee works: It triggers weight loss by way of ketosis, a metabolic state triggered by a lack of carbs that kicks fat-burning into overdrive; it kills pesky cravings; and it boosts brain function. In other words your body is burning it the same way a car burns fuel.
6. Honestly, I’m lucky if I brush her hair twice a week! I wash her hair once a week and do our regular hair routine. I then put her hair in a pineapple with a satin scrunchie and she sleeps on a satin pillowcase throughout the week. This makes her hair more manageable throughout the week. When her hair starts to become tangled I will just throw it in a top knot so we can at least make it to school on time.
Thanks for stopping by!