Heart To Heart: My Relationship

Happy Valentines day lovies! Today’s the day to spread a little love and drag my hubby on the blog. I know so many of you have been curious about who he is so I figured I would write a little about my relationship on today’s heart-to-heart chat.

How did we meet?

8 years ago I went on a girls trip to Costa Rica. We surfed, indulged in poke and partied for 10 days straight. On our last day, I met him at a swim up bar of a private resort that I randomly found during our stay. He was on a work trip and I had the world’s worst attitude. I can’t lie, I was a little hungover from the night before and suffered from a lack of personality due to my self inflicting sickness. My head was killing me and I was in no mood to make small talk with a guy I didn’t know. A few minutes passed by before he insulted me which actually made me laugh and gained my attention. I admired the fact that he was funny since I love to laugh. The more we chatted the more I realized that we had a lot in common.

Dating

We began dating immediately except this was a long distance situation. He’s from Canada so his first trip to see me in NY was the sweetest. I remember being sick and wanted to cancel the date but he showed up with a hand full of my favorite flowers and a care package filled to the rim with items to help nurse me back to health. He courted me in every way and his surprises for our first date went beyond my expectations. He was literally the sweetest person I ever dated and I immediately thought that he must be a serial killer. I mean what was wrong with me? I literally thought that something was wrong with him because he was too nice! I had a really bad track record for dating assholes and he was so different from what I was use to that I didn’t know how to react. I put my self sabotaging ways to the side and gave him a chance because I deserved to be courted and adored as we all do.

Here Comes Baby

After dating for a few years and 700 flights later I found out I was pregnant. The look of disbelief in my face when I read the pee stick was unexplainable. This was not planned and considering I had a long distance relationship it was not ideal. Fast Forward a few years and we made it work. Scout is the best thing that ever happened to me and he is the best father in the world. No seriously, he should win some sort of award. He is so hands on and shows up to every recital, performance and school drop off. He organizes father/daughter days and believes in creating traditions. It’s so important for a daughter to have a positive and amazing male role model in their life and he is her world.

Hidden

So what’s the deal, why do I never show his face? The truth is, I just don’t want to. We live in a world filled with over sharing and documenting our every move that I think it’s healthy to keep some things private. No, he’s not a celebrity or a famous athlete like some of you have asked. He’s my perfect guy who loves his privacy and I respect that. He’s supportive, encouraging and always by our side. I admit, he’s a terrible Instagram husband but other than that we’re thick as thieves. So let’s continue to call him “Baby  Daddy” and maybe one day he will show his full face.

Wishing you all lot’s of love today and leave me a comment if you have anymore questions.

XO,

Sai

Shop Women

Shop Men

Shoes: Joie // Vest: Zara shop similar here // Dress: Zara shop similar here  // Bag: M Missioni // Sunnies: Quay

Shop Scout’s Coat

20 Comments

1. February 14, 2017 / 9:28 AM

OMG i love your story, gives light that it can and will happen. Thanks fir sharing and u share quit a bit so keeping him to yourself is fine! People often times ask questions to be nosey, to be able to say she cant be that happy or he’s not real! Keep whats in your heart safe and secret it yours. Thanks again

• February 14, 2017 / 9:33 AM

You’re so sweet Greta! I do think some sort of privacy in our lives will keep us sane:) Wishing you lots of love today!

xo,

Sai

2. February 14, 2017 / 10:02 AM

Great post !! It’s true “it’s healthy to keep some things private” Happy Valentine’s day

3. Lily
    February 14, 2017 / 10:13 AM

Love this story! Thanks for sharing.

4. A.Lawren
    February 14, 2017 / 10:35 AM

This was lovely! Thank you for sharing. I’m going on a girl’s trip soon and maybe I’ll have the same luck 😉 Happy Valentine’s Day!!

5. Sanneh
    February 14, 2017 / 10:44 AM

Such a lovely story. Thanks for sharing!
    Is your man also mixed race – just ceriuous.

6. Jenny B
    February 14, 2017 / 11:21 AM

Love the fact that you all have chosen to keep your relationship private for the most part! It’s refreshing knowing that I’m not weird for wanting to do the same. My question is have you all decided on getting married if you aren’t already?

7. Nicole
    February 14, 2017 / 11:54 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. Wondering if you are both still doing long distance while married (not together 100% of the time). My future husband and I are currently LD and it’s tough and we have no kids yet.

8. February 14, 2017 / 2:35 PM

Great Post! Somethings are better left to self. I totally respect and relate to this!

With love,
    Sid and Ken

9. Tyronda Polston
    February 14, 2017 / 3:26 PM

This is so awesome! I totally agree with keeping some things private. But what’s obvious is the love flowing in your family and that’s what’s important. Give London and Lil Bump a hug for me 😍 stay sweet and gorgeous!

10. February 14, 2017 / 3:34 PM

He’s so good on Camera !!!! Needs to be on there more !! What a beautiful family !! Love you guys XOXO from La ;)-corks

11. February 14, 2017 / 6:43 PM

I was actually hoping you wouldn’t show his face when I started reading. I love that you keep this part of your life private. As a fellow Canadian I must say we’re pretty amazing people 😉 Wishing the 4 of you very happy Valentines’s Day xoxo

12. Arlene Salviejo
    February 14, 2017 / 6:53 PM

I agree. We live in a workd of oversharing. And, just like you I don’t post my relationship as often because there are some things that I like to keep private.

13. Emma
    February 14, 2017 / 7:28 PM

So cute! Love these photos! Does your hubby live with you guys in NY or in Canada?

14. Keshia Espinal Appelbaum
    February 14, 2017 / 9:29 PM

So sweet! What a beautiful and happy family! Hope you had a great Valentine’s Day!

15. Hannah
    February 15, 2017 / 10:27 AM

I hope you show some wedding pics someday that would be so nice! Congrats on the new baby on the way. Blessings to you 4!!

16. February 15, 2017 / 4:48 PM

This is so refreshing to read! My guy is much the same… doesn’t wan to be front and center and isn’t involved by being my photographer or anything like that. But he is completely supportive, and for that I am super grateful. Xo

Carrie

17. February 17, 2017 / 2:59 PM

I truly enjoyed this post! I am sure you have heard this soo many times before., but I feel we have a lot in common. I think many times woman (in general) have the love life we THINK we deserve rather than the one we actually deserve. So glad you gave your “baby daddy” an opportunity to court and adore you the way every woman should be. I believe this more than I can say. I am also a strong believer in respecting peoples privacy. There is so much that you have shared, why shouldn’t you keep something for yourselves.

Thank you sharing!

Shanna V

18. Ashly
    June 29, 2017 / 4:57 PM

This story is adorable. Sometimes you just have to insult someone to get their atteention. Lol.
    If you don’t mind, what is his ethnicity? Canada is such a melting pot as is America…which I didn’t really realize until I met a Canadian for the first time who happens to be Jamaican…and apparently there are large groups from around the world that live there…so cool.

Anyways, your family is beautiful.